Recruiting without using CVs
In the old days having an extensive CV was of utmost importance and back then CVs were much longer than simply 2 pages. However, some countries only accept CV’s which contain pictures and details about race, gender, age and so forth. Whereas other destinations don’t look for excessive information that fills up a candidate’s CV. More and more businesses are even resorting to recruiting without CVs. So how is this even possible?
Does a CV ever get thoroughly read?
In most countries, most organisations request a simple 2 page CV which will contain the essential information needed to learn more about potential candidates. It depends on the CV itself – some employers won’t be willing to go through a tediously lengthy résumé and those with poor formatting are also shown to be a put off. Recruiting without CVs is thus very rare.
Why recruit without a Curriculum Vitae?
As mentioned before, some organisations are going about recruitment without CVs, but how is this possible you may ask and why do so in the first place?
In the modern age that we live in, everything moves at a rapid pace, including online developments, social media culture, digital marketing and so much more. With that in mind, it becomes clear to see why so many business organisations are starting to recruit their candidates without the need of a CV. Most professionals have resorted to utilising LinkedIn which not only connects professionals from all over the world but also showcases their portfolio of success. This usually has a picture of the candidate and all the details related to their work experience, skills and degrees or certifications.
Some social media channels like FaceBook, Google+ and Twitter can also have some information about the individual and may also showcase their talents. This is another way a potential employer can find more information about the candidate they’re hoping to recruit. Recruiting without CVs does not mean that the candidate is not properly known or checked out.
How can you recruit without a physical CV?
Recruitment without a CVs has become a very beneficial way of finding potential candidates not only for the employer but also the applicant seeking a placement in their career. With most industries sourcing applicants based on their online presence, being able to recruit without a CV is much more appropriate in this age than it has been about 20 years ago.
Here’s how some experts go about recruiting without a physical CV
• Creating challenges that will allow applicants to showcase their skills for problem solving, communications and more. In this way you can see which applicants is the best fit.
• Create a challenge that will showcase candidates ability to time manage and produce impressive work
• Network events are also becoming popular and a great way of seeking out potential. Certain organisations host job fairs to bring employers and job seekers together in one place to physically make acquaintance. Needless to say one-on-one meetings with a potential candidate still play a vital role despite everything becoming more and more digitally focused.
• Employee referrals is another way people are becoming employed based on their reputation and referral from one employer to a possible new employer.
• Personality tests will help you gain more insight to the candidate in question and be successful in recruiting without CVs
Design your own interview process
It’s good to utilise the open sources of the internet with its vastness of opportunity simply a click away. Contact The Interviewer for expert advice and services.